Are you looking for a dynamic speaker that can not only relate to youth, but also share wisdom and insight based on personal experiences that would be beneficial to them?
Are you looking for someone who can engage youth on their terms, challenging them to better themselves everyday, while admitting the failures and successes I’ve had along the way?
Are you looking for a speaker who is young at heart, with a visible passion for working with and encouraging young people to succeed in today’s challenging world?
I am that speaker.
My goal as a speaker is to spark real conversations within the youth environment that invite them to challenge their thinking, encouraging them to focus on taking personal responsibility to improving their own lives. As a Certified John Maxwell Speaker, I am available to speak to your church youth group, youth sports organization, scout gathering, or educational institution. If you’re interested in having value added to your youth, email me now!
Current Topics with a Youth Focus:
Stand Up and Be Counted
Lesson Purpose: Our job as adults is to encourage our kids – all kids – to take responsibility and not accept the role of the victim that is being imposed on them.
Definition: The bully is anyone who pushes others down to push themselves up. The bully is seeking separation by placing himself apart and over others. He or she wants to be higher, stronger and otherwise look better than others.
1. Lift up. Use your power to help others.
2. Stand Up. Be confident in your own value.
3. Pick up. Help someone who is being bullied by picking them up.
Failing Forward to Success
Lesson Purpose: No one is perfect; everybody fails. Honesty, therefore, becomes the goal we are trying to achieve. Transparency and vulnerability lead to an openness, honesty and acceptance that allow the individual to move towards an idea or goal and eventually to achieve success.
1. Make every failure a learning experience.
2. Believe in yourself and go further the next time.
3. Today matters because yesterday is over.
Lesson Purpose: Learning to develop a positive self-image is the most critical because it is integral to all the other lessons we learn in life. Self-image becomes the greatest determining factor to our success in life.
1. You may succeed if nobody else believes in you, but you will never succeed if you don’t believe in yourself.
2. How you see yourself determine how you see others.
3. How others see you and express how they see you, determines how you see yourself.
4. How you see yourself will determine your future.
Lesson Purpose: No matter how gifted and talented an individual may be, it is critical to make the right choices. Personal character, a foundation for life, becomes a matter of the choices, we as individuals make.
Character is an accumulation of qualities that make us dependable and trustworthy or not. These qualities result through choices.
1. Several critical, positive choices that adults can help teens to learn
2. Basic core values – from John Maxwell’s mentor, John Wooden
3. The most important part of building character is in understanding how to align ourselves so that good character can develop.
4. Developing good character traits is our best insurance for working through the difficult days in the future.